At Cognizant, we are dedicated to helping the worlds leading companies build stronger businesses - helping them go from doing digital to being digital.
In Poland, our offices are located in Gdansk, Wroclaw, and Kraków. With the capacity to support various clients, we offer a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates.
You can expect five-star training, a chance to realize your career goals and a range of benefits.
The associate is responsible for data quality and support operations of Google’s core aerial data acquisition for Geo products, primarily Google Maps. The Imagery Ingestion and Processing Specialist is responsible for the data acquisition partner management, Operational planning, and Preprocessing and Camera calibration exercises.
- Project pre-planning,
- Detailed flight line planning /target establishment,
- GPS processing and creation of flight metadata,
- Camera calibration exercises such as: Spatial and Histogram,
- Record and update flight logs and daily reports,
- Monitor the quality of collected data,
- Post-flight, check navigation trajectories to ensure data coverage,
- Coordinate with data acquisition partners on acquisition schedules, data quality control, local airports, FBOs and restricted airspace,
- Interpret data in order to recognize trends and potential problem areas,
- Coordinate with hardware team to test system changes,
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to ensure data flows through the pipeline to production,
- Interface with engineering teams to continually improve and automate overall operations process and technical knowledge,
- Plan and execute daily operations to ensure project goals are met,
- Maintain process documentation and recommend improvements by way of feature requests to engineering teams,
- Identify drivers of latency and quality issues, and develop solutions to mitigate with stakeholders,
- Prioritize data sets as necessary to meet any SLA/SLO for critical regions,
- Monitor bug queues and address issues with appropriate fixes,
- Assist in the development of training documentation for internal/ external use,
- Work to deadlines to meet delivery dates for both internal and external stakeholders.
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing flight operations for a geospatial company or related discipline,
- Experience maintaining proficiency and knowledge in control networks and datums,
- Experience with CAD products including Autodesk Map or Civil 3D,
- Desire and ability to remote-pilot Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS),
- Knowledge of GIS as it relates to public agencies, transportation, planning, and Civil Engineering,
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and ensures the flight department is compliant,
- Familiarity with developing alternative data acquisition solutions,
- Technological savviness for geospatial products and services,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to operate and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business,
- Comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment,
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail,
- Able to work independently, motivated, proactive attitude with a passion for learning and creative problem solving.
- Opportunity to be part of a global organization focused on development,
- Open-minded and multinational environment,
- Training & development opportunities including language courses,
- Professional development and clear career path,
- Full equipment and paid training provided from the first day of work,
- Working hours 15h00-23h00 while on training, regular day shift after that period,
- Extensive benefits package: (private medical healthcare including dental care, life insurance, cafeteria benefits).
About our Candidate Privacy Statement:https://www.cognizant.com/careers_resources/Cognizant_Candidate_Privacy_Statement_English_version.pdf